Friday, April 23, 2010

I need to give recognition

So about a month ago one of my basketball players texted me and told me she was at the final game of our regional tournament. (I wasn't there because we got out in the first round and Aubrey was sick.) She texted me that I got Coach of the Year. Of course I didn't think that she was serious, so I started to laughing and texted her back saying, yah right, funny joke. But she texted me again saying that she was serious. Not knowing if I was getting punked, I waited until it came out in the newspaper before I told anyone.
For those that don't know my team, we didn't win any games, we didn't score many points, and when other teams came to play us they knew it was going to be a win. But I know that people were amazed that my girls never gave up, they didn't pull any bad attitudes, and no matter what the score was they played as a team.
Our team motto this year was from Gandhi, "Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory."
I am posting this not to brag about my award. I want to give recognition to all my girls that worked hard this year and never gave up. We will be better this next year because they are willing to learn and want to work hard. We did have victory this year because of our effort. Thanks girls!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Way to go Terra!

McFamily said...

Congrats that is so awesome!